Futures for Kids is pleased to announce that the first “FFK Day” will take place on Friday, 15 May 2015. This is, in effect, a “Children in Need” type day for those in the futures/derivatives industry.
We'd would like as many brokerage firms, trading companies, exchanges, clearinghouses, IT vendors, specialist fund managers, consultancies, etc as possible to take part. And we’re encouraging senior executives right through to junior staff to participate.
How you take part is, of course, up to you. From donating a percentage of your revenues from the day to organising a simple “dress down” day, any kind of activity would be most welcome.
Here are a few ideas. They can take place on the day or in the run-up to it.
1. Go big! To really show that the futures community cares, you could raise funds by donating a small proportion of your revenues for Friday, 15 May 2015. FFK would be pleased to work with you by helping organise in-house activities, promoting your participation to the press and also by engaging with our wonderful charities to see how they can help.
2. Take part in FFK’s Walk to Work, 15 May 2015. In its first three years Walk to Work has raised £180k. Help us reach £250K. Enter as individuals or as teams. People from all disciplines in the futures business have taken part, including exchange CEOs, traders, operations and IT specialists etc. You can take a stroll in the park up to an all-day yomp, with routes starting from the home counties.
3. Do silly things! Think “Children in Need”. Have different departments wear fancy dress. How about an “ice bath challenge” rather than an “ice bucket challenge”? Jump into a bath of baked beans. Put your boss in the stocks etc. We are sure FFK supporters will find some wild and wonderful ways to raise money. You can run these activities in-house or you could come along to FFK Day HQ (venue to be confirmed) to carry them out or to present your cheque.
4. Organise a “Cake Bake” for the office
5. Arrange an office “Dress down Friday”
6. Do a physical challenge - a bike ride, a run, a diet etc - individually or as part of a team
7. Arrange an interoffice Quiz Night or a Sports Tournament
Show that the industry cares - Take part in FFK Day 2015
To discuss how to become a part of FFK Day, please contact David Setters